You’ll find our new fresh BelGioioso Ricotta with the Cottage Cheese. It’s perfect for this homemade lasagna recipe.
Easy Homemade Lasagna
PREP TIME 30 minutes
COOK TIME 1 hour
RESTING TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 1 hour 45 minutes
SERVINGS 12 servings
AUTHOR Holly Nilsson
Homemade lasagna is a classic, delicious dinner that every family should have in their recipe rotation.
• 12 lasagna noodles uncooked
• 4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded and divided
• ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded and divided
• ½ pound lean ground beef
• ½ pound Italian sausage
• 1 onion diced
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 2 cups ricotta cheese
• ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
• 1 egg beaten
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
2. Brown beef, sausage, onion and garlic over medium high heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
3. Stir in pasta sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning. Simmer 5 minutes.
4. Make Cheese Mixture by combining 1 ½ cups mozzarella, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, ricotta, parsley, and egg.
5. Add 1 cup meat sauce to a 9×13 pan.
Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Layer with ⅓ of the Cheese Mixture and 1 cup of meat sauce.
Repeat twice more.
Finish with 3 noodles topped with remaining sauce.
6. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
7. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese (2 ½ cups mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup parmesan), and bake an additional 15 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Broil 2-3 minutes if desired.
8. Rest 10-15 minutes before cutting.