Crafted with the finest raw ingredients, DeLallo Italian Gluten-Free Pasta is expertly milled for full flavor and the perfect al dente bite. DeLallo’s Gluten-Free Pasta collection comes in two great-tasting varieties: a Corn & Rice blend and a Whole Grain Rice option. Whether you follow a gluten-free diet for nutritional reasons or due to gluten intolerance (celiac disease), DeLallo’s Gluten-Free Pasta is the ultimate wheat-free Italian pasta for all of your favorite gluten-free recipes. Orzo means “barley” in Italian, referring to its small, barley-like shape. Not just a soup cut, this versatile pastina stars in salads, stuffings and sautés.
Creamy Parmesan Whole Wheat or Gluten Free Orzo
- 1) Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2) Add onions and cook until soft and transparent, about 5 minutes.3) Add orzo, sautéing until lightly browned.
- 4) Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- 5) Cover, reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and most of the broth is absorbed, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- 6) Mix in Parmigiano-Reggiano and basil. Salt and pepper to taste.