In just a few minutes, you can have this Spicy Chicken and Broccoli on the dinner table, ready to eat!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 5 -6 cups broccoli florets
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium avocado, sliced for garnish
- 1 medium lemon, sliced for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the seasoning. Spread in a single layer on one of the prepared baking sheets.
- On the second baking sheet, spread the broccoli in a single layer on one half of the baking sheet. To the second half, spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer.
- Roast both the chicken and vegetables at the same time in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with the sliced avocado and lemon slices. Serve immediately.
Homemade Cajun Seasoning
- 3tablespoons garlic powder
- 3tablespoons onion powder
- 3tablespoons paprika
- 1tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2tablespoons dried oregano
- 2tablespoons dried thyme
- 3tablespoons kosher salt
- In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients. Place into a jar or airtight container to store at room temperature.
Thanks to Amanda Rettke-iamhomesteader.com for this wonderful recipe. Please visit her website (https://iamhomesteader.com/) for more delicious “homesteader-style recipes>